Sign up for our newsletter
Your home should be protected from power outages and most businesses cannot risk losing power. From hotels to banks to clinics and hospitals, an uninterrupted, reliable power supply is critical. Propane powered generators are an economical, easy-to-install solution that can provide a reliable supply of electrical power when the electrical grid fails.
A wide range of generator sizes and capacities are available. Blossman Gas works with trusted brands such as Generac that offer various makes and models to accommodate all types of homes and businesses. View our selection of generators HERE.
With Blossman Gas, installation of your backup generator is easy. First, we’ll help you identify which model suits your needs. Then, we’ll work with the trained and approved electrical contractor in your area to safely and completely install the generator.
When the power grid fails, there is no better fuel to power your generator than propane. Here are the top reasons why:
- Propane is easier to access during natural disasters and severe storms. Unlike gasoline and diesel, propane can be stored on your property in a sealed tank or cylinder, providing you independence from gas stations.
- Propane-fueled generators can be tailored to your precise power needs. Propane generators are available in sizes ranging from small portable models to entire business standby systems.
- Propane has a longer shelf life. Propane’s indefinite shelf life makes it an ideal fuel for a back-up generator which can sit idle for several months between uses. Diesel and gasoline supplies can degrade in a matter of months, or even weeks in storage, failing to power generators when they’re needed most.
- Propane generators can require less maintenance. Propane burns cleaner than gasoline or diesel, resulting in less engine wear and lower maintenance costs. Gasoline and diesel generators require regular fuel maintenance involving additives or, in some cases, the costly and hazardous process of flushing and replacing deteriorated fuel.
- Propane is safer. Propane is stored in sealed above-ground tanks, underground tanks or cylinders, so there’s no risk of spillage. It’s also a nontoxic, nonpoisonous fuel that doesn’t contaminate aquifers or soil. By contrast, as little as one gallon of spilled gasoline can quickly contaminate groundwater above drinking water health advisory levels. Propane’s high ignition point, 940 degrees Fahrenheit, makes it less of a fire hazard than gasoline, which ignites at 430 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Propane is greener and cleaner. Propane is an approved, clean fuel listed in the 1990 Clean Air Act as well as the National Energy Policy Act of 1992. As a low-carbon alternative fuel, propane produces significantly fewer greenhouse gas emissions than diesel and gasoline in a wide range of applications.
- Propane can efficiently manage other systems around the home. The same propane supply that fuels your generator can also handle your home’s heating, water heating, cooking, and clothes-drying needs.
For more information about choosing a backup generator or standby generator for your facility, call 1-888-BLOSSMAN or visit the Blossman store location closest to you.
Learn How You Can Generate Your Own Power AND Save Your Money >>
Contact Blossman about getting Propane in your Business>>