Sign up for our newsletter
Explore the Benefits of Upgrading to Propane
Can you lower utility costs, make your home more comfortable, and reduce your impact on the environment all at once? You bet! Choose propane.
On average, propane costs about half as much per BTU as electricity and propane gas fireplaces cost 30 to 60 percent less per hour of operation than do wood burning fireplaces.
By relying on propane for various applications in your home, including heating and power for your appliances, you’re lessening your dependence on the electric grid in the event of an electric power outage. With propane you can still have heat, hot water and hot food during outages even in the worst of weather conditions.
Made in America
Over 90 percent of the propane used in America is made in the U.S., reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
Available Anywhere You Live and Work
Convenient and portable, propane is an energy source that can be used virtually anywhere, from the country to the city.
Propane creates far less pollution than the power plants supplying you with electricity, so you help protect the environment by providing cleaner, more breathable air. It is also insoluble in water so it presents no risk to soil and ground water supplies.
Easier to Maintain
Propane gas furnaces last an average of 20 years, while electric heat pumps last an average of 14 years. It also costs less to repair a propane gas furnace than an electric heat pump.
Efficiency & Comfort
Propane can fuel just almost any system, whether it’s inside your home or in your backyard. Appliances running on propane typically reduce energy costs, delivering better value and comfort than fuel oil and electric heating sources. Here are a few examples:
- Propane furnaces and hearth products provide the comforts of heat. Propane heat is 30 – 40 degrees warmer than heat produced from an electric heat pump that dispenses cooler air.
- Propane logs are attractive, safe, efficient, and provide comfort with the click of a button while you are relaxing in your easy chair.
- Propane water heaters deliver three times the efficiency of an electric water heater. Propane provides the comforts of dependable, endless hot water. What could be more comfortable than a nice, relaxing, lengthy hot shower or soak in a tub?
- Propane generators can provide the comfort of less worry when the power goes out….no power means no problems when you have a propane generator.
- Propane outdoor products like grills, torches, fire pits and outdoor fireplaces provide the comfort you feel when relaxing outdoors right in your own backyard.
- When compared to electric appliances, propane improves efficiency, reduces energy costs, reduces the user’s carbon footprint and in many applications improves indoor air quality.