Sign up for our newsletter
Hurricane Isaias: Information for Propane Users
Blossman Gas has several important tips for home propane users to ensure safety in the event of a severe weather from Hurricane Isaias. Preparing for hazardous conditions by assessing your home’s risk and developing emergency plans is vital for protection against a potential storm.
Remember, Blossman Gas employees have expert training. If you need assistance any time during this period, please call your local store or the Call Center at 1-888-256-7762.
Safety Tips for Propane Users
- Create an emergency plan and review it regularly with your family. This plan should include instructions for turning off your propane tank and indoor propane appliances.
- Have a disaster supply kit prepared. It should include clean water, non-perishable food, extra clothing and blankets, flashlights/batteries, and a battery-powered radio.
- Install a propane backup generator to ensure your home remains up and running when the power grid fails. There’s no better fuel to power your generator when you need it the most. Learn more about propane generators HERE.
- Maintain an adequate supply of propane in your tank. During and after a hurricane, propane and other types of fuel may not be readily available and roads leading to your home might not be accessible for delivery.
- Secure outdoor furniture/tools/appliances, trim trees, and clean gutters.
- Listen to your local authorities for instructions on the appropriate course of action to take with regards to evacuations. Evacuate the area when necessary. Should you need to evacuate, see additional propane safety requirements HERE.