Sign up for our newsletter
Transporting Small Cylinders Safely
Spring is around the corner! That means we will all be enjoying more outdoor activities as the weather heats up. Warmer weather also means using some of your propane appliances that may have been sitting idle for the past few months. Propane is often used during the spring and summer seasons for backyard BBQs, camping trips, heating units, and appliances.
When taking propane cylinders to be refilled, they should always be properly transported and stored securely. Here are some key transportation tips to consider:
- The tank should be secured in an upright (vertical) position.
- Do not transport more than 90 lbs of total propane weight in an enclosed vehicle.
- Do not smoke while transporting propane.
- Return your filled propane cylinder to a secure and upright position outdoors (not in a garage or shed).
- Never leave propane tanks inside a vehicle.
To find your nearest Blossman Gas to refill your propane cylinder, click HERE.