It wouldn’t be Thanksgiving dinner without mashed potatoes! Although, this recipe is our family’s go-to mashed potato recipe for any evening – not just Thanksgiving. They are creamy and flavorful. Best part is that they reheat perfectly with just a little butter and Parmesan.
- 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
- ½ medium head garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel potatoes, rinse them, and cut into even-sized pieces.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm.
- Drain and return to stove in same pot over low heat to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add butter, Parmesan cheese, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth.
- Stir in chives and serve.