Sign up for our newsletter
Grilled Pineapple With Rum Sauce
- 1 Pineapple
- 2 Tsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- 1 Pint Of Vanilla Ice Cream
- Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple. Begin peeling and cutting it crosswise into 8 rings about 1/2 inch thick each.
- Use a spoon or apple corer to carve out the center core of each ring.
- Grill the pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until it is nicely brown and grill marks have appeared.
- While the pineapple grills, heat the butter, sugar, and rum in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Continue to stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves (about 2 minutes), and the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Place a pineapple ring on each plate, and scoop 1/4 cup of ice cream into the center of the ring.
- Drizzle about 2 teaspoons of sauce on top.