Looking for something new to try on your grill this summer? Try this grilled pineapple recipe for a fresh way to wow your friends at the next neighborhood barbecue.
- 1 pineapple
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple. Begin peeling and cutting it crosswise into 8 rings about 1/2 inch thick each.
- Use a spoon or apple corer to carve out the center core of each ring.
- Grill the pineapple for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until it is nicely brown and grill marks have appeared.
- While the pineapple grills, heat the butter, sugar, and rum in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Continue to stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves (about 2 minutes), and the sauce has thickened slightly. Remove the sauce from the heat.
- Place a pineapple ring on each plate, and scoop 1/4 cup of ice cream into the center of the ring.
- Drizzle about 2 teaspoons of sauce on top.