Grilled jerk chicken kebabs are a treat for a camping trip or an easy weeknight dinner. The marinade we suggest for this recipe will bring sweet Caribbean breezes to mind! A mini escape to the tropical islands.
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 4 tsp. crushed dry thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks or freshly cut pineapple
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. pineapple juice
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 medium to large onion
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Mix together onion flakes, garlic powder, thyme leaves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oil and pineapple juice.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and add to mixture.
- Coat well. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Preheat gas grill to high heat.
- Cut green pepper, red pepper and onion into 1 inch pieces.
- Thread chicken, green pepper, red pepper, onion, and pineapple onto skewers.
- Brush grill with oil and arrange skewers on hot grate.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Be sure to turn kabobs evenly when grilling. Enjoy!