Sign up for our newsletter
Grilled Goat Cheese Prosciutto Wrapped Figs
8 oz soft goat cheese
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
24 fresh figs
1/4 lb thinly sliced prosciutto
Olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Combine goat cheese, rosemary, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl, and stir.
- Make a small slit in the bottom or side of each fig. Use a pastry bag to pipe cheese mixture into each fig through the slit. Fill figs with just enough cheese so they expand slightly.
- Tear or cut the prosciutto into long strips. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each fig and skewer.
- Brush figs with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fig skewers on a moderately hot grill. Rotate skewers until figs are very hot, and cheese starts to ooze (about 6 minutes).
- Remove from grill, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.