You may be getting tired of the usual burgers and hot dogs cooked on the grill. Kick it up a notch with this grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Figs and Goat Cheese recipe! You will not be disappointed.
- 8 oz. soft goat cheese
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 24 fresh figs
- 1/4 lb. thinly sliced prosciutto
- Olive oil for brushing and drizzling
- Grilling skewers
- Combine goat cheese, rosemary, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stir.
- Make a small slit in the bottom or side of each fig. Use a pastry bag to pipe cheese mixture into each fig through the slit. Fill figs with just enough cheese so that they expand slightly.
- Tear or cut the prosciutto into long strips. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each fig, and then place the figs on a skewer.
- Brush figs with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place fig skewers on a moderately hot grill. Rotate skewers until figs are very hot, and cheese starts to ooze (about 6 minutes).
- Remove from grill, and drizzle with olive oil. Serve immediately.