Grilled Brussels Sprouts
Our favorite Brussels Sprouts are extra crispy and flavorful. That’s why we make them on the grill. This Grilled Brussels Sprouts recipe is the perfect side dish to any feast. You can NEVER go wrong with grilling veggies with bacon. Even the kids will eat it!
Prep Time: 35
Cook Time: 30
- 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 slices bacon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan, optional
- Heat grill to medium-high, indirect heat. For grills with 3 or more burners, turn all the burners to medium-high heat; after about 15 minutes, turn off one of the middle burners and leave the remaining burners at medium high.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the butter, oil, salt and several grinds of black pepper in a medium bowl. Layer the bacon in a 24-by-12-inch grill basket in a single layer and top with the Brussels sprouts. Close the grill basket and place it on the grill over indirect heat Brussels sprouts-side down. Cover the grill and cook until the Brussels sprouts are tender and dark golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Open the grill, flip the basket so the bacon is down and move the basket to direct heat. Cook until the bacon is crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. If you want your Brussels sprouts darker, flip again and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts to a serving platter, crumble the bacon over the top and sprinkle with the lemon zest. Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and Parmesan.