Grilled Mayo Biscuits Recipe
Buttery biscuits from the grill? Yes, please! Next time you are grilling with your family, have your kids help prepare these grilled biscuits. They are simple, fun, and delicious. Sometimes, we even make this biscuits into hot dog size buns. A perfect way to grill hot dogs and homemade buns at once!
- 2 cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 4 tbsp. of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of Bulgarian style buttermilk
- Butter (not margarine)
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees.
- Mix mayonnaise into flour with a fork.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, and pour buttermilk into the well.
- Fold the buttermilk into the flour mixture VERY GENTLY.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of biscuit dough into a well oiled 10” cast-iron skillet on grill starting around the outside edge and working your way toward the middle.
- Let dough rise 5-10 minutes. Place thin pats of butter (not margarine) on top of each biscuit.
- Grill for 12-14 minutes.
- Once done, brown the biscuits under a broiler for 30-60 seconds.