Get monstrous on Halloween with this recipe! You can make these Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats for a kid’s class party or an easy dessert to enjoy after you trick or treat from door to door.
Prep Time: 30
Cook Time: 20
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Green food coloring
- Black or blown melting chocolate
- Black or brown frosting
- Candy eyes
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Once all lumps are gone, remove from heat and stir in a few drops of green food coloring – until desired color is achieved. Then stir in Rice Krispie cereal.
- Pour cereal/marshmallow mix into a greased 9×13 dish and spread out evenly. Cool in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and cut into rectangles. Place on wax paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt half a bag of the melting chocolates in 30 second increments stirring in between. Continue to cook and stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip one of the smaller ends of each treat into chocolate about 1″ down. Return to wax paper and let harden (2-3 minutes).
- Using the frosting as glue attach candy eyes just below chocolate “hair”.
- Use the black frosting to draw mouth under eyes.
- Place finished treats in refrigerator for up to 60 minutes to ensure all pieces fully attach.