Cooking is Lentils is as simple as it comes for recipes, and it may give you luck and longevity down the road. The New Years tradition goes, lentils resemble Roman coins, which is a symbol for money and prosperity. Follow these easy steps and hopefully luck will come your way!
Prep Time: 5
Cook Time: 30
- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cup water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse lentils in a fine mesh strainer.
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add lentils and water and a big pinch of kosher salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and let simmer until tender, 20 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from lentils then season with salt and pepper and serve as desired.
- Pro Tip: For a little extra flavor, add 2 carrots chopped, a 1/4 white onion chopped, and top with a handful of fresh basil.