We are going bananas over these BOO-nanas! Halloween themed recipes can be simple, healthy, and fun. This Halloween dessert is a great activity for your children too. They can get creative with white chocolate ghosts or dark chocolate and toppings.
- 4-5 medium size bananas
- Popsicle sticks (thicker sticks will help to support the weight)
- White, dark, or milk chocolate melting wafers
- Any additional toppings such us edible googly eyes, pretzels, chopped M&Ms, sprinkles
- Cut banana in half lengthwise, then in half to make four quarters. Insert popsicle sticks into bananas, and freeze bananas on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Over medium heat, melt chocolate, stirring frequently. Once melted, allow the chocolate to cool for two minutes.
- Remove the bananas from the freezer and dip them one at a time in the chocolate completely covering them. Use a small spoon to help coat the banana. Lay them on the cookie sheet and use a butter knife to smooth out the chocolate if needed.
- Next, decorate the bananas. Add googly eyes, pretzels, or other toppings you choose.
- Once all bananas are covered and decorated, put them back into the freezer for 10 minutes to allow them to fully set. Serve directly from freezer.