Sign up for our newsletter
Cajun Slaw Sliders Recipe
If you have never had our Cajun Slaw Sliders, try our easy at-home recipe. It’s the perfect way to elevate your next barbecue by offering something you don’t typically see at a family cookout.
- 1 cup cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup white sugar
- (Slowly increase from 1/2 cup until
- the taste suits you. Do not exceed 1 cup.)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 tbsp. dry mustard
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/3 lb. Cajun smoked
- ground sausage
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onions
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- (more to taste)
- 1 tsp. coarse ground
- black pepper (more to taste)
- Pepper Jack or American
- cheese slices
- Slider buns
- SLAW INSTRUCTIONS: For the slaw, it’s best if prepared the night before.
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage, onion, carrots, and celery. Sprinkle with sugar and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, salt, dry mustard, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Pour hot dressing over cabbage mixture and mix well.
- BURGER INSTRUCTIONS: Combine the burger and sausage meat in a bowl. Add onions, kosher salt, and black pepper to the mixture.
- Heat gas grill to medium-high.
- Build 8-10 small hamburger patties. To prevent hamburgers from puffing up during grilling, make a slight indention with a spoon or your thumb in the middle of the burger.
- Once burgers are grilled to preferred wellness, remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes. Add cheese, slaw, and toppings of your choice to the burger before serving.