There’s no better side to a burger or BBQ than baked beans! In fact, these beans are so delicious that you’ll want them year-round – not just for your 4th of July cookout. Disclaimer: If you make these beans for others, you’ll likely be asked to make them over and over again!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1/2 lbs sliced bacon
- 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (28 oz) pork and beans
- 1 can (17oz) lima beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can 15 oz kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- In a large skillet cook the bacon, beef, and onion until tender; then drain. Transfer to a greased 2 1/2 qt baking dish.
- Add all of the beans and mix well.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Begin to stir into beef and bean mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes longer.