Peppermint Hot Cocoa
Peppermint Hot Cocoa is a Blossman Family Favorite recipe – especially during the colder months. It’s the perfect twist on regular hot cocoa and the whole family has fun making it. It will be a hit at your next movie or game night!
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips (3 oz)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 peppermint sticks, crushed
- 4 whole peppermint sticks
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Ground cinnamon
- Place cocoa and salt in a medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in heavy cream and milk until cocoa has dissolved.
- Add chocolate chips and crushed peppermint; simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate and peppermint have melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Ladle into mugs; top each with whipped cream and cinnamon. Serve with a peppermint stick.