Strawberry Pretzel Jello Salad is a decades old summer staple. Who can resist a taste of nostalgia?! Especially when it’s creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty all in one. It’s sure to be your go-to dessert option for the next few months. The best part, your kids will love it too.
- 1-6 oz box strawberry Jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed to room temperature
- 3 cups of strawberries, sliced
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil. Remove from stove and add Jello. Stir until Jello is dissolved. Allow Jello to cool to room temperature.
- Combined melted butter and 3 tbsp sugar. Stir in the crushed pretzels. Press evenly on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and cool whip. Beat until smooth. Spread over pretzel crust. Make sure to get the cream mixture tight against the edges of the pan to prevent the Jello mixture from seeping through.
- Arrange sliced strawberries over the top of the cream mixture.
- Pour cooled Jello over cream layer and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.