A fan of surf and turf? Then this recipe is sure to please! The shrimp and sausage is sure to feel like you are cooking on the bayou in the comfort of your own backyard. Add a side of veggies and some Cajun butter to enhance all the flavors.
- 12 oz. smoked sausage rope
- 12 oz. jumbo shrimp, tail-on, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. barbecue seasoning
- Start by rinsing the shrimp under cold water in a colander.
- Preheat gas grill to 350°. Make sure grill grates are clean.
- Cut sausage into about 1’’ slices (same thickness as the shrimp).
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in bowl.
- Add sausage, olive oil and barbecue seasoning. Toss to combine.
- Tuck the sausage slices in the “C” curve of the shrimp and then thread them onto skewers.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in cold water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes. Flip and grill until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Serve immediately.