Over Easy Egg and Avocado Toast
The people who give you their food, give you their heart. Share the love with your family first thing in the morning with this super simple, over easy egg and avocado toast recipe. Whether it’s Valentines Day or a random Tuesday, cutting the egg into a heart shape is sure to make anyone’s day a little brighter.
- 1 avocado
- 2 pieces whole grain bread
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heart shaped mold (bread or cookie cutter)
- Mash avocados in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add butter to nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Once warm, add two cracked eggs to pan and lower heat to medium-low. Cook uncovered until the whites set then cover for a minute or until you achieve the desired firmness of the yolk.
- While eggs are cooking, toast bread.
- Use the heart shaped mold to cut the bread and/or eggs. Spread avocado on bread and top with egg.