Margherita Pizza Recipe
With its simple yet stunning toppings of fresh tomatoes, basil, and cheese, a Margherita pizza is a testament to rustic Italian cooking. This Neapolitan thin-crusted pizza elevates the flavor of each ingredient to create a light yet delectable dish. To really satisfy your taste buds, be sure to prepare this dish in a gas-fired oven — just like how the Italians make it.
View our line of outdoor Alfa Ovens from Italy.
*Recipe credit: Alfa Ovens
- 6-inch round of pizza dough, stretched
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of tomato sauce
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella
- 3 basil leaves, torn
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat your pizza oven to the highest temperature for about an hour.
- Stretch your pizza dough until its smooth and thin, and transfer onto your pizza oven tray or a pizza stone.
- Starting at the center, spread the tomato sauce over the dough by using the back of a spoon until it’s evenly spread.
- Add a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil over the pizza.
- Divide the mozzarella into large chunks and put them on top of the tomato sauce.
- Spread basil leaves and any other toppings across the pizza. Then, sprinkle a dash of salt.
- Place the pizza into the pizza oven for 5-8 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.