Make Ahead Hash Brown Breakfast Casserole
Mornings are crazy. Getting the kids ready alone can be a challenge, but add in trying to have breakfast ready, and the morning can seem impossible to manage. All reasons why you need to have this Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole ready for any time your morning is going to be extra busy. Like Christmas or the first week back-to-school!
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 50
- 20 ounces shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 pound sausage, cooked
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat until in small crumbles. Drain fat.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasoning in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
- Place remaining ingredients in a 9×13 baking pan. Pour egg mixture over the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove casserole from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 55-65 minutes.