We are always trying to get those last-minute Christmas details in order. Whether it be last minute present wrapping, cleaning up the mess that Santa left the before, or finding the right holiday playlist for the morning. Add to that the rush of getting ready for the day, and you barely have time for a good breakfast, which is one of the best parts of Christmas Day! All reasons why you need to have this Make Ahead Breakfast Casserole ready for the holiday season.
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 50
- 20 ounces shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 pound sausage, cooked
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat until in small crumbles. Drain fat.
- Combine eggs, milk, and seasoning in a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
- Place remaining ingredients in a 9×13 baking pan. Pour egg mixture over the mixture and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove casserole from fridge 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake 55-65 minutes.