Sign up for our newsletter
Hurricane Zeta: Information for Propane Users
Blossman Gas has several important safety notifications for those in the path of Hurricane Zeta. Preparing for hazardous conditions by assessing your home’s risk and developing emergency plans is vital for protection against the storm.
Safety Tips for Propane Users:
- Never store propane tanks indoors. This also applies to propane equipment not certified for indoor use such as generators, grills, cookers and fryers among others.
- Create an emergency plan and review it regularly with your family. This plan should include instructions for turning off your propane tank and indoor propane appliances.
- Have a disaster supply kit prepared. It should include clean water, non-perishable food, extra clothing and blankets, flashlights/batteries, and a battery-powered radio.
- Before the next storm, consider installing a propane backup generator to ensure your home remains up and running when the power grid fails. There’s no better fuel to power your generator when you need it the most. Learn more about propane generators HERE.
- Maintain an adequate supply of propane in your tank. During and after a hurricane, propane and other types of fuel may not be readily available and roads leading to your home might not be accessible for delivery.
- Secure outdoor furniture/tools/appliances, trim trees, and clean gutters.
- Listen to your local authorities for instructions on the appropriate course of action to take with regards to evacuations. Evacuate the area when necessary.
Call Your Propane Service Provider if:
- You smell propane gas.
- The propane tank has shifted or moved.
- The tank regulator was exposed to water.
- The gas lines have pulled away from the tank or if the lines are damaged, bent or broken.
- Propane appliances or controls were exposed to water.
Remember, Blossman Gas employees have expert training. If you need assistance at any time during this period, please call your local store or the Call Center at 1-888-256-7762.
For more on guidelines regarding how to properly prepare your propane tank and appliances for a weather evacuation, visit:
Guidelines On Properly Preparing Your Propane Tank and Appliances
Tips on Safeguarding Outdoor Spaces
What To Do Before, During, and After a Hurricane
10 Things You Can Do to Keep Your Family Safe During A Hurricane