As many prepare for Hurricane Michael, Blossman Gas has several safety tips for home propane users to ensure safety in the event of an evacuation.
Should you and your family evacuate, shut off your propane tank by turning the gas supply valve in a clockwise direction. Once the evacuation is complete, call your local propane provider to get your gas reestablished safely.
If you need assistance from Blossman Gas at any time during this period, please call our Call Center at 1-888-256-7762.
In Case of Evacuation:
• Properly secure propane tanks, if safe to do so
• Turn off the gas supply valve in a clockwise direction at the tank
• Turn off the appliance pilot lights, control valves, and manual shut-off valves
• Be sure there is an adequate supply of fuel in the tank
• Remember that propane tanks should NEVER be stored indoors
Call your propane service provider if:
• You smell propane gas
• The propane tank has shifted or moved
• The tank regulator was exposed to water
• The gas lines have pulled away from the tank or if the lines are damaged, bent or broken
• Propane appliances or controls were exposed to water
Our thoughts and prayers are with all communities that may be affected by this storm.