DIY Toy Boat
Children tend to love making their own toys and gain great satisfaction playing with them after. This super simple, DIY Toy Boat craft idea is a great example. It’s fun to make and play within the bathtub, a rain puddle, or even a local pond or creek! Plus, it’s made from biodegradable materials so if you lose it in nature, no problem!
- 3 wine corks
- Rubber bands
- Cotton String
- Card stock paper or thin cardboard
- Wrap 3 wine corks with two rubber bands.
- If you plan to race your toy boat in a creek or lake, attach a length of cotton string to keep your boat from floating away.
- Insert a toothpick into the middle cork (between the two rubber bands) to form the mast.
- Add a cardstock sail by threading it through the toothpick, as shown.
For more on this activity, visit HERE.