A perfect impromptu barbeque recipe! This juicy and delicious skirt steak cooks quickly but looks like a chef inspired dish due to the colorful (and flavorful) chimichurri sauce.
- 1-2 lbs. skirt steak
- 1 bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, stems removed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sized shallot
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 5-6 dashes crushed chipotle pepper
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 c. olive oil
- 1 c. red wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients except steak in food processor, andprocess to desired consistency. Reserve 1 cup chimichurri mixture, set aside and refrigerate.
- Marinate steak in remaining chimichurri mixture for at least one hour.
- Heat gas grill to high. Lay steak horizontally across grates.
- Grill with cover down for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Slice thinly against the grain.
- Serve over black beans and rice.
- Drizzle desired amount of reserved chimichurri sauce on top.