Cardboard Hearts Activity
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. With restrictions still in place, here is a family fun activity that will keep the kids busy for a while. Building with cardboard is cheap and easy! These cardboard hearts make for a perfect building project anytime of the year! Plus, you can try all sorts of shapes.
- Cardboard (If you don’t have cardboard art paper, you can cut hearts out of Amazon boxes for your children to use.)
- Paint (Tempera or acrylic paints work best.)
- Pom poms
- Any other craft-like materials you have around the house.
- Cut the cardboard hearts.
- Paint cardboard. Depending on how much paint your child uses, it may need a day to fully dry before moving on to more decorations.
- Decorate the valentines by using glue along with glitter, ribbons, pom poms, or any other craftlike materials you found around the house.
- Let dry for another day. You can hang them around the house, give them to family members, add some string to a few of them for a heart banner. The ideas are endless!