All-American Barbecue Sauce
Our homemade barbecue sauce is great on everything! This easy, homemade All-American Barbecue sauce is quick to prepare and only requires a few pantry ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup ketchup-style chili sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup unsulfured molasses
- 2 tbsp. spicy brown or Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Hot sauce to preferred taste
- Heat the butter in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until golden – about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and chopped tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chili sauce, vinegar, molasses, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce to the pan. Bring to a simmer and reduce heat to a medium-low. Stir frequently and continue to simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced – about 20 minutes.